Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pier Rail



I've been following the North Shore Ninjas around Tahoe for a few months now. Woodrow (Snowboarder) and Rob (Skier) have been a regular subjects for me during my first year here in Tahoe. These guys kill it on a regular basis and are some of the hardest working athletes I've ever met. They work for the photos just as hard as I do and never complain if the flash doesn't fire or my angle is bunk. They hike these rails and jumps over and over and over again just to get the shot and routinely take hard slams in the process.

Last week they called me up to shoot a flat rail that overlooks Lake Tahoe. These two shots were taken on different days around the same time and with the same lighting setup. I used two SB900's on full power zoomed to 200mm to spotlight the rider on the rail. The scene is underexposed by about a stop and the shutter speed is set at 1/250th of a second. I used a polarizer for Rob's shot but not for Woodrow's.

No comments:

Post a Comment