Saturday, December 12, 2009

Don't leave your wipers down.



So now we begin to understand what true mountain living is all about. On Monday, I spent most of the day shoveling snow out of our driveway. It can be a miserable chore at times, but for some reason I enjoy it. You get in this weird focused rhythm and it's done before you know it. I've been taking Heather to work most mornings so she doesn't have to stress about driving in the snow. The roads are plowed regularly but it's still kind of sketchy with these drastic temperature fluctuations. I usually have to start the car 15 minutes before we leave so the windshield can de-ice. Don't even think about leaving your wipers down when it's snowing. They freeze to the windshield and are a pain in the ass to get working.

Yesterday the storm brought us really wet snow, which for skiing, is very unfavorable. Since Squaw hasn't issued me a season pass yet, I've been stuck inside staring out the window watching the snow fall and figuring out new ways to take creative pictures of the dog. I'm nursing a cold so I guess it's a good thing that I'm confined to our small little mountain cottage.

Today it's a bit cooler and dumping big white dry snow flakes. I got the call this morning that Squaw is going to issue my pass today. Game on. This is mountain living.

Over and out.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment